“Makeup is not a tool mean to make an ugly thing beautiful; it is meant only to magnify the beady that already exists” – Unknown
On Friday October 20, 2017; Paba Cosmetics in collaboration with Class A Makeup’s Amma Daapah, held their first Makeup Artist Mixer. It was an evening of fellow makeup artists and enthusiasts came together to learn different tricks, tips and to see how fabulous Paba’s makeup is. This event was different than many of the events we had as it was for makeup artists only. We wanted to give MUA’s an opportunity to see how Paba can enhance their makeup kits.
The MUA mixer started with introductions of the Paba Cosmetics team and event hosts. We also offered our guests sweets from the sweet table and refreshments which was provided by Creams and Cones.
Once introductions were completed, we created stations to show how each product works. The 5 stations were;
- Face (showcasing Paba’s Liquid Foundations, HD Loose Powder, Cream Foundation, primers, Wet Dry Powders)
- Eyes (showcasing Paba’s eyeshadows, glitter, stardust, mascara, eyeliners, brow liners)
- Lips (showcasing Paba’s Liquid lipstick, lipsticks, lip glosses and lip liners)
- Contour and Highlight (Wet Dry Powders, HD Loose Power, Custard Powder, Magic Powder, Concealers)
- Finishing Touches ( Blushes, Two Tone Highlighter, Star Dust, Setting Spray)
We had everyone rotate through each station where a makeup artist and model were present. They demoed the product to show how it works and its benefits. Everyone seems to enjoy learning about the products and tips they may not have known about makeup and Paba’s products. Once everyone went through each station, we had a Q &A session with everyone where people asked questions; Amma of Class A Makeup gave her top 5 products she loves. Once everything was done; Class A Makeup and the Paba team, thanked everyone for coming and offered time to shop, mix and mingle and try out/test the products.
Overall, it was a successful event with many people asking when the next event will be taking place. Please look out for further events as we would love to see you there!
Paba Cosmetics Blogger
Photo credits: @FirstClass416